Thursday, February 2, 2023

I am writing this as I try to access the plane wifi and hopefully I’ll get through to post.

 WE ARE ON THE WAY TO ROME!! Karma here. Raffi Donatich-Masselli and I are traveling to Italy for just over 3 weeks. We’ll be in Rome, Palermo, and Florence, with hopefully some day trips around Sicily. 


Raffi is just coming off a month long trip in LA and she had a one day turn around in New York. I have had more time to prepare and I think it was enjoyable getting ready for this trip and getting all my ducks into rows. I forgot the connecting aux chord for my headphones and my sweatshirt but I’m pretty sure I have everything else. And hey I’m on the plane!! Emmy’s family got me here - they drove me to the airport and gave me a bag of fresh mangos, strawberries and granola bars! Life saving because I’ve been too busy to eat all day rushing to do the last things setting up for my Sublettor. Also I made two batches of kiwi fruit leather… 







We have a 4 seat row all to ourselves which is really exciting. We also think we got extra leg room for free but it’s hard to tell. It’s not a very full plane and I think that will be just one of many perks in traveling in the off-season to such an exciting place. 





Hopefully soon they will come around with the dinner - I opted for ‘asian vegetarian’ - and we get one complementary wine or beer. We’re planning to drink red wine, take melatonin and hopefully fall straight to sleep. We have to because our time in Rome is PACKED (more on that later). 


The plane is always an exciting place. I’m thinking I will delete instagram for the trip. I’ve just been on it too much and more than anything, I want to be noticing the world around me on this trip. I do think Blogging will be a nice way to document though and I will be doing some videos too. 


Oo seatbelt life went off! This means the meal must be soon! They just announced that it’s so windy out we’ll be arriving to Rome 20 minutes early. 


Okay so Rome… We have 2 days and Raffi has prepared so well for the meals we will have there. We have 2 reservations - our lunch on the first day and dinner on the second. We will be eating so much pasta. Besides the meals, our schedule is also potentially jam packed. We will be landing in Rome at 7:40am and heading to our hotel, The Hotel Diana which is right next to the Roma Termini, where our train from the airport will take us. We check in early, eat some of their complimentary breakfast (hopefully…) and head right back out again (eek I’m so excited) to the Trevi Fountain near our hotel and Doria Pamphili for some art. Lunch will be at 1:30 at Santo Palato and I think it’s going to taste amazing. The afternoon will be walking around Trastevere and heading to Da Enzo for dinner. Raffi’s friend Alejandro has invited us to a party after and the theme is: Sun. The description: ‘Flavio Paolo Graziano e Tommiboy know how to bring out the sun even at midnight. What to expect? GEMS from Capeverde island music, Fast-paced Peruvian exotica, reggae but also electronic music, open-minded, light-hearted and a totally inclusive and loving vibe. Very Limited Capacity.”  


We’ll see if we’re still awake at that time. 


Ciao! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! An auspicious beginning to an exciting trip! Fruit! Legroom! So much to look for ward to!